Old June 18th 18, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Thursday's ride

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:16:59 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

Winona Avenue two or three weeks
ago, when I would have crashed, and might have fallen under the wheels
of a heavy vehicle, if I hadn't already had both hands on the brakes.
On Saturday, the hole in the "bike lane" was more dangerous than ever
because cars had splashed the gravel around, but I saw it sooner.

This morning a worker at Grace College maintenance radioed another
asking him (or maybe her; I didn't hear the reply) to find out what
fiber-optic cable company had dug up the campus, because he wanted to
do some major-league cussing. They had damaged a sewer line, and
they'd left a hatch open that a student might have fallen into.

He added that they had done this all over Winona, so I think I know
the cause of my narrow escape from disaster.

Just looked up my training log: the narrow escape happened on 9 June
2018.

Would you believe, Google Maps marks Winona Avenue as particularly
suitable for bicycles? They also mark the part of Wooster Road that
I'll go miles out of my way to avoid.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net