Old August 16th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Rich Clark

Default Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

"recycled-one" wrote in message

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rick wrote:
And how useful is Google Maps from the handlebar of your bike?

One must carry a laptop on tour so one can read and post to the Usenet
cycling groups while at rest stops.

I've often fantasized about a dream bike with handlebar mounted notebook
pc with cell/satellite connections.

Sounds more like a nightmare to me -- in which the next thing is that I have
to start answering urgent emails from the office while doing a solo century
through Lancaster County!

RichC (who does carry a cell phone on rides, but it's turned OFF!)