Old August 16th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Thomas Wentworth

Default Adventure Cycling Maps SUCK!

Just wondering ??? Can one purchase the Adventure Tour maps on a CD Rom?
With so many carrying laptops on tour these days, the maps are rather
superfluous. I know, I know ,,, would not be able to get the map out during
the day. And, I don't think I would carry a printer. But, if I was to
carry a laptop and with the CD Rom .. just a thought.

Thing about laptops, you can use them for so much. Emails, look stuff up
,,, but best of all.. Watch movies in your tent at night. I love this.

=========
"NYC XYZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

They're printed on plain paper! And they're so small, and packed with
somewhat superfluous info (who the hell cares about restaurants along
the way, really).

Just disappointed. They should be laminated, at the least, or printed
on sturdier paper -- this is for touring, after all! Also, they really
should be bigger -- perhaps better as a spiral-bound book? And more
comprehensive -- I find googlemaps more useful!