Old November 22nd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve

Default McIlvain's Taped Conversation With Lemond

"nobody" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:56:14 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

After having been forced to retract this statement (his
criticism of L.A. for working with Michele Ferrari,) Greg LeMond was
discouraged and totally deflated.

Poor Greg. You know of course that this guy is a multi-millionaire and

owns
a lot of acreage up at Yellowstone. He needs to STFU.

That excerpt sounded like someone thought they heard something and they're
trying to put two and two together and figure out if they've got enough
innuendo to skewer Armstrong.

It does not sound like either heard clear and definitive incriminating
statements from anyone let alone Armstrong.

In fact it sounds like one of them is pretending to have heard something

see if they can draw out something damaging from the other one.

What is that called? How about, 'fishing expedition'. ;-p

While part of me wants to support LeMond in his anti-doping quest, his
comments often make me wonder
.... and now GLM seems to know the facts about Floyd from Floyd. What I do
not understand is why FL would confess to GLM knowing the very public row,
over doping, between LA and GLM.
This FL to GLM "confession" was alluded in:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...v06/nov21news2

A snip below:
LeMond speaks at WADA meeting
By Hedwig Kröner

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) invited triple Tour de France winner
Greg LeMond to speak at its Executive Committee and Foundation Board meeting
on Monday, November 20.

So what did he think about Floyd Landis? "He called me for advice," LeMond
replied. "I told him not to act as Tyler Hamilton did: deny, deny, deny.
He's a good guy. I will keep to myself and respect what he told me, ...