Old November 22nd 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla

Default McIlvain's Taped Conversation With Lemond

Steve wrote:

see if they can draw out something damaging from the other one.

What is that called? How about, 'fishing expedition'. ;-p

While part of me wants to support LeMond in his anti-doping quest, his
comments often make me wonder
... and now GLM seems to know the facts about Floyd from Floyd. What I

do

not understand is why FL would confess to GLM knowing the very public

row,

over doping, between LA and GLM.
This FL to GLM "confession" was alluded in:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...v06/nov21news2

A snip below:
LeMond speaks at WADA meeting
By Hedwig Kröner

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) invited triple Tour de France winner
Greg LeMond to speak at its Executive Committee and Foundation Board

meeting

on Monday, November 20.

So what did he think about Floyd Landis? "He called me for advice,"

LeMond

replied. "I told him not to act as Tyler Hamilton did: deny, deny, deny.
He's a good guy. I will keep to myself and respect what he told me, ...

It is extremely unlikely Landis "confessed" to LeMond. I read just the
opposite.

That would be extremely hypocritical of LeMond to keep such a secret and
then try to expose others for doing the same and telling WADA that
athletes who come forward to expose cheaters should receive more lenient
sanctions.

Plus, given LeMond's history with Armstrong, Landis knows confessing to
LeMond is tantamount to confessing to Le Monde.

Magilla

True, but don't you think that LeMond seemed to imply that he knew more ?

Yeah, LeMond definitely did that. His quote was definitely milkin' it
for all it's PR value.

Magilla