Old December 30th 10, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default I'm ashamed to admit I was conned.

Chalo wrote:
landotter wrote:
I like Looks as well--easy to get into, and a very planted
feel--but not really practical for anything outside of race day,
unless you want to fool with (ugh) cleat covers.

Maybe someone could make some big ol' clodhoppers with a Look cleat
surrounded by a wide margin of rubber lugs. Sort of like a logger
boot with the middle of the forefoot carved away for the goofy Look
cleat.

That would be racy, yet practical. Wait... I guess "racy" really
means _impractical_, doesn't it? I mean, that's all that so-called
race equipment really has in common, right?

Impractical for everything except racy bike riding. Is there any other
kind?

BTW, I use MTB shoes with SPD cleats when I go MTBing or shopping. I
can walk free and easy with the cleat well surrounded by rubber, yet
still ride bike with the same connected feeling as I get from my roadie
shoes and look keo carbon pedals!

JS.