Old November 6th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Rik Van Diesel

Default Results on rbr handicapping of Armstrong's marathon

Howard Kveck wrote:
Going through the thread "Armstrong's NYC marathon time?" we see the following
picks for time:

BJC at 2:35
Cowpunk at 2:55
RJK3 at "under 2:40: the question is by how much"
Joedopebucket said "I will be impressed if he does it under 3 hours."
Kyle Legate clocked in with "Who cares?"
Miley90 estimated 3:07-3:12
Rik Van Diesel guessed 2:44
Dwayne thought matching Jaja's 2:55 would be good but beating 2:42 (a time turned in
by Rolf Aldag in his marthon debut) would be a compulsive Lance's line.
Rik Van Diesel changed to a 2:40
Ryan Cousineau went with a "supermotivated" 2:34
Ewoud Dronkert went with a 3:10
Phil Holman said 2:57
Michael Press at 2:35
Mark Fenelli at 2:50
Ben Weiner talked about rbr-LANCE drug use scenarios

Since he ran a 2:59:37, I'd say that Joedopebucket is now officially impressed
(if only just), Phil Holman came closest with actual numbers and Ryan Cousineau gets
the Alex Trebekian "Oooh..."

Noted that Nike provided three elite-level marathoneers to pace him. Did they
peel off as they approached the line or did they get to sprint away at the end?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Thanks you for the summary. I was WAY off. Lance is soft and slow! My
wife would have beaten his sorry ass. Why is it that any time someone
competes in a sport they haven't spent their life training for and then
subsequently suck they turn around and say this is the hardest sport
ever. So weak! Think Michael Jordan at baseball, then Golf..

RVD