Old May 1st 04, 09:43 PM
Tom Kunich

Default Pic of Lemond winning 1989 World's...what's up with the wheel in their faces?

"Evan Evans" wrote in message
om...
I just watched the 89 worlds again. That wheel we see in the photo was
added digitaly or something & did not exist in the real world. The
Lemond years were some of the greatest in cycling! The comptition was
there between Hinault , Lemond & Fignon etc. The Bikes were cool with
Campy c-record as king. Cool sponcers with LVC & Team Z. The english
invasion.

Indeed, Campy C-Record WAS king but the Mavic stuff was better designed,
lighter, had less rolling resistance and probably cost less. LeMond won the
'89 and '90 Tour on Mavic. I still have a set of Mavic hubs that roll easier
than any other wheelset I have.