Old September 6th 17, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default AG: It bears repeating

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 4:19:49 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:

I had one of those "hi-bred" cars pass me a while back. It was fairly
wide road and not especially heavy traffic and he just sort of ghosted
by. I first saw him then his front fender maybe even with my shoulder
- scared me. As he went by and disappeared into the distance he was
totally quiet.

This is the only time that I can remember anything like this happening
and I blame it on car being so quiet.

That has happened to me a few times, but I can usually hear noise of their tires. What has unnerved me is electric scooters overtaking me on multi-use paths; they do not have particularly aggressive tread patterns and so make little noise that can be heard over traffic.
--
Andrew Chaplin