Old August 2nd 09, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Free Mountain Bike Ebook

Leo Lichtman wrote:

wrote: I'd ask if he'd ever heard of
Fletcher's Law of Inverse Appreciation.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would you please quote Fletcher's law? If it's anywhere near as good as
Murphy's law, it's a winner.

The Law states that the less there is between you and the
environment, the more you appreciate that environment.
For example, you will see more of nature driving than you will flying
over it. Get off the freeway onto a back road, and you will see still
more. Get out of your car and onto a bike, and you will see yet more.
But to really see and appreciate the most, you have to walk.

Bill

__o | How many wilderness areas do we need?
_`\(,_ | How many Brahms symphonies do we need?
(_)/ (_) | - Robert Marshall