Old August 2nd 12, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Open question to the Psycholists.

On 02/08/2012 13:38, Ian Smith wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

If you were physically attacked, badly beaten & had your precious
little push bike stolen - what would your attitude to the police
be?

Would you refuse their help in apprehending the culprit?

Ha ha.

It was largely because I was attacked, hospitalised and had my bicycle
damaged that I hold the view that the police are a largely useless
rabble.

Obviously your fault then.

Of course, the incident when my laptop was stolen and they
wouldn't do anything either also contributed.

Insurance fraud by the sound of it.

Perhaps if they _were_ any use in that sort of a situation then they'd
be held in higher regard.

They are held in high regard - by normal people.

In my experience, it's only the people who've had no dealings with the
police that hold positive views of them. Those who've actually dealt
with them (let alone tried to rely on them) hold a fairly uniform
opinion.

You mean the scrotes they arrest don't like them? Quelle suprise.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."