Old December 7th 10, 03:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Truing a wheel

On 7/12/2010 5:15 PM, Rob wrote:
On 5/12/2010 7:46 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:

I am no closer to that elusive round and straight wheel

I have tried to build a wheel and failed. I have tried to change all the
nipples, one at a time, and failed.

In my case, my failure is primarily in making the wheel round I have
found that egg-shaped wheels CAN actually go around and around but one
needs to get use to the additional ... eeerrr.. stimulation (?) around
the sphincter region from the seat

I can true a wheel and keep the dish correct.

I am reading that as being lateral trueing, right?

Dishing is easy to fix with the -ahem- professional truing stand I now
possess Awright, awright, it looks like a real professional truing
stand , ok?