Old November 17th 08, 04:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

Default The Dilemma of Tom Sherman

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 15, 9:34 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
You wouldn't last a single year as a hermit

Irrelevant ... since, as previously stated SEVERAL TIMES, I have no

such inclination.

whereas I have lived the past 40 years pretty much as a hermit. That takes
Greatness!

Delusion is such a comfort. As is often the case, our conclusion does

not strictly follow from your premise. Do not misconstrue living a
voluntary cloistered, estranged life with fantacized greatness.

You need to give the hermit's life a chance. Leave your wife and dogs. Then
go to Montana and live in a shack in the mountains for 5 years by yourself
with little or no contact with others. If you can do that, you will have
proven to me that you can be a hermit like me. Then you can have a name like
mine too ... Jim McNamara the Great!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka