Old November 24th 08, 12:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
ComandanteBanana wrote:

I see, a definite connection. You live in Colombia, you need gated
communities, you live in the UK or Europe, you don't, and you live in
America, it's kind of in-between. In other words, the more civilized
the society is, the less need for gated communities. Never saw any in
Oslo or Canary Islands.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can be dumb enough to think all of
the US, or all of Britain, or all of Columbia, or all of any country on
the planet, is equally safe everywhere within its borders. But you go
ahead and prove me wrong.

You don't listen, so time to stop pretending you might. Bye.

CommandanteBanana is more right than poor old Pete of Dundee, Scotland. It
is possible to make some generalizations about Colombia the same as it is to
make some generalizations about Norway with a view to contrasting the
differences between the two. Frankly, the less we hear from Pete, the
better. I have never yet known him to be right about anything.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka