Old November 24th 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

On Nov 23, 4:20*pm, Peter Clinch wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
I see, a definite connection. You live in Colombia, you need gated
communities, you live in the UK or Europe, you don't, and you live in
America, it's kind of in-between. *In other words, the more civilized
the society is, the less need for gated communities. Never saw any in
Oslo or Canary Islands.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can be dumb enough to think
all of the US, or all of Britain, or all of Columbia, or all of any
country on the planet, is equally safe everywhere within its
borders. *But you go ahead and prove me wrong.

You don't listen, so time to stop pretending you might. *Bye.

Nothing is Black and White, it's a matter of degree, where Scandinavia/
Holland is at the top of civilization (a 9 to make room for
improvement), Haiti is down to 0, Colombia is a 3 (believe it or not
they have great initiatives for bike facilities that are working) and
America is a 5. The UK I think gets a passing grade with a 7. Your BBC
documentaries about the jungle have taught me invaluable lessons as
well as Darwin and Orwell. Why you insist on defending the status quo
that only places our species on the most-endangered species? How can
you defend a system that denies my right to ride a bike in safety so I
can help Peace and the Environment?

I better stop talking before I lower the ratings given above.