Old February 3rd 20, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default 11 Speed Cassette Spacing

On 2/3/2020 9:27 AM, wrote:
On Monday, February 3, 2020 at 4:14:45 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
Someone suggested that 11 speed cog spacing is identical between Campy and Shimano. Does anyone have any good knowledge of that?
I have 11 speed wheels but they are Campy splined.

They are not identical.

Lou

Lou's answer fits my understanding, BUT

I have seen (widely) the opinion expressed that the difference is so
small as to be functionally irrelevant.

See, for example, Lennard Zinn's answer to the second question he
https://www.velonews.com/2013/09/tec...1-speed_301392

Of course, I've seen /some/ say the same was true for 10-speed. The
/consensus/ seems to be that this is balderdash.

Mark J.