Default Danger! Danger!

On 2/15/2020 3:53 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:14:56 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:42:27 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 11:27:06 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 8:03:08 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 2/11/2020 6:57 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Its that whole pesky Constitutional thing and the requirement or reasonable suspicion for a police stop. It has nothing to do with buying a drink, driving a car or opening a bank account.

That darn constitution. Trump thinks that it's some kind of communist
manifesto.

Maybe that is why he is not only enforcing it but putting originalist judges on the Supreme Court. Too bad so many people are blind to enforcing the actual Constitution. Being here illegally gives you absolutely no Constitutional rights. And in fact NO ONE is bothering illegals here that aren't criminals committing crimes. Trump well knows that they add to the economy and that they can be and usually are good citizens. Sanctuary laws are made SPECIFICALLY to protect felons. They prevent state prisons and jails from informing ICE when felons are being released. Democrats are releasing violent criminals into the general population and pretending that is somehow good for America.

Have you even read the Constitution? The Fifth Amendment states that “no person … shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.” Last time I and SCOTUS looked, a person includes a person -- unless your originalist judges interpret person to mean "citizen" -- which would be adding to the plain language of the Amendment.

Also, sanctuary laws may or may not affect reporting to the NCIS/HSIN. In the Fuentes case, for example, the arrest was reported, and ICE knew that Khan was being held -- and knew where to send the detainer request.

ICE has to know a suspect is being held before it can even send a detainer request, but rather than going to get them, they request a 48 hour hold so they can finish their doughnuts and coffee -- which require jurisdictions to hold suspects after they have been arraigned and posted bail. That is not without risk. ICE also knows where these people live, and if bail has been granted, so does the court and the bondsman. Anyone with access to a court docket can see where the suspect lives, the terms of release, etc., etc. It's not rocket science. Khan and every other released criminal is on the radar.

-- Jay Beattie.

Jay, if you want to give rights to anyone that can get across any border or swim onto any shore you have no rights for anyone. We have a legal way to enter this country if you do not do that you are a criminal, period.

My Grandfather was illegally here in the states but the moment he got to the bay area he filed for citizenship.

In order to prevent people from leaving their ships cargo freighters from all over the world would avoid ports of entry. The lessons of the gold rush were plain enough. The entire waterfront in San Francisco was entirely covered with ghost ships. Even the captains of these vessels would leave the ships - contrary to the True Believers - not to run to the gold fields but to be in a land where they could be free.

Everyone that entered through ports of entry would file on the spot for citizenship and eventually the papers would catch up with you. BUT THEY FILED.

Now the law is totally ignored. It is so bad that all of the farm workers that could easily get a green card leading to citizenship don't even bother because it is so much easier to just walk across.

I realize that you want to take the Constitution literally but we'll just have to see what the Supreme Court has to say and it seems to me that they have frowned a bit as of late on giving rights to anyone here illegally.

Good news, Tom, reinforcements are on the way. https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-pa...151432429.html CBP is setting up a garrison on Telegraph Ave. BORTAC is coming, which, spelled backwards is CATROB. I think it is a thinly veiled deep state plot to take away our cats.

-- Jay Beattie.

ooooh I'll look into that. If the Feds want to clean
catboxes I'm in favor.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home