Old July 6th 20, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Is the ‘golden age of cycling’ really here to stay? - LONG

On Monday, July 6, 2020 at 6:01:33 PM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
Well we know CV-19 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's just getting started in the U. S. where you are considered pretentious, anti-social and even anti-democratic for wearing a mask. Before any treatment in a distant hospital -- the local hospitals will still be overwhelmed a year or 2 from now -- I plan to arrange for a bike to be delivered to the ICU so I can cycle back home as soon as I'm off the vent. Cycling is the fastest way to recover as well as avoid a bad case of tRUMP flu.

We also know what many scientists believe will cause more and possibly worse pandemics, global heating, isn't going to disappear overnight either.

I'll revive a couple several year old posts where I predicted the most immediate threat that would cause yumans to be concerned about global heating would be disease. Note I never said anything specific about the ailment as I know absolutely nothing about biology let alone medicine let alone viral epidemics.

Bret Cahill

I am just glad that I have visited nearly every European country by road when it was still possible to do so.