Old August 31st 13, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default Taking this group back...

"brianrob1961" wrote in message
Is there any point in trying to take this group back? How many people on
here would like to do so? In my opinion it would mean all people of
goodwill on here creating and using a common killfile and then signing all
posts with a list of killfiled names for other people to follow. Would it
work? The group seemed to work a lot better for me just by the removal of
two people. And they are not even the worst spreaders of anti cycling hate
on here.

What about all the anti-motorist hate, what do you propose to do about that?
Hate is hate after all, and it breeds hate. What about the anti-motorist
taunting eg "here's a nice new cycle lane that motorists paid for"? What
about the frequent abusive filth posted by cyclists?

If you want to "take the group back" then the first place to start is by
discouraging and condemning all kinds of "anti-ism" no matter who it's from
or who it's against, not just condemning the prejudice and the posters that
*you* personally don't like. With such a partisan attitude and massive blind
spot you might as well apply to become a moderator on the original UKRCM.