Old April 3rd 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Global Warming

On Apr 3, 12:45 am, "
wrote:
On Apr 2, 5:17 pm, Bill C wrote:

On Apr 2, 7:35 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message

.. .

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote in message
om...
So then Nova has a program telling us that the Sun is actually cooling
off. I wonder how long before we're hearing cries of GLOBAL COOLING
again?

Can you say, normal cyclic variations?

Tom: What was the length of the cooling sun cycle Nova spoke of? As in, is
this something we have to worry about in the next 500 years, or 5,000?

Ted Turner was on TV this morning saying that within 40 years people will be
eating each other in a world turned into a horror story of global warming
with nature destroyed utterly.

Time for him to write the ELF another check.

http://www.cdfe.org/berman.htm

This doesn't happen according to Howard though. This must have been
perjury.

Dude,

I don't know what Howard did to get under your
skin, and frankly, I don't care. You can have your
beef, but stop dragging it into every on and off topic
thread. Posting some random stuff from some
think tank hack about how ELF, ALF, Mork and Mindy
bombed a McDonalds has nothing to do with
Ted Turner or global warming. And continually
assigning opinions to other people (Howard in
this case) is similar to the Kunichian "So you think
that ..." mode of argument. Hang people by quoting
their own words, not those of others.

Ben

p.s. Let's have a moment of silence for Pam Dawber,
the first Earthling to be offered up as a sacrifice to the
gruesome, horrifying alien creature known as
"Robin Williams."- Hide quoted text -

Ben did you read the piece? It's right there in plain laguage. I
throw it in when it's relevant. In this case it's Mainstream leftist
folks providing support and funding for environmental terrorist
nutcases.
The bitch with Howard is that he flat out denies ANY of this ever
happens, or when confronted with evidence claims it's only a few
nutcases. It's not, unless you consider some of the left's biggest
most influential donors and spokespeople to be nutcases, and
insignificant.
How is it that not relevant?
This whole issue is way to important to be anything but brutally
open, honest, and up front about. Protecting, and funding extremists,
discredits the groups that are doing it. It's bad enough we've got a
bunch on scumbags appointed, and committed to mining and drilling our
public lands here, but when environmental groups, and their supporters
tie themselves to the violent nutjobs it damages all of us.
It let's Tom, and others point to the nutcases and deny everything
they say. Case closed in their minds.
You can't EVER reach a decent understanding, or solution without
hearing ALL the points and connections on an issue, no matter how
ugly, or offensive.

What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun
wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what "the stars
foretell," avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never
mind the unguessable "verdict of history"; what are the facts, and to
how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future;
facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Robert Heinlein (1907 - 1988)
Source: Time Enough for Love, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

He was also big on civility, and we KNOW I think Tom fails that
miserably, but so do others towards him. I'd much prefer not to read
any of it.
Bill C