Old December 4th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Beware of Lone Peak Packs Non-Warranty

I have a two year old Lone Peak RP700 rack trunk where one of the four
attachment straps came off. It wasn't abused or anything, my wife was
pulling the strap tight though the buckle, and the sewn on strap just
came off the rack trunk where it's sewn on. The rack trunk has probably
only been used about 20 days in the last two years.

No problem I thought, It has a lifetime warranty, so I packed it up and
sent it off to Lone Peak for repair, complete with a copy of the receipt
(even though no receipt is really necessary since it's a lifetime
warranty). Today I get a call from Lone Peak that the repair is not
covered by the warranty, and that the strap must have been caught in a
spoke or something to come off like that (it wasn't). Since it's an
expensive pack, I reluctantly agreed to pay for the repair and return
shipping.

So just be aware that Lone Peak Packs doesn't honor their wonderful
warranty. If you're feeling good about spending more to buy a made in
the U.S.A. product, partly because you think that there's a company that
will stand behind the product, think again. I really liked the RP700
because it was the only rack trunk I found that didn't use Velcro straps
to hold it on, they use buckles, and I own two of them.

So stupid. For $12.50 they've alienated a customer that has bought
several of their rather expensive products Next time I'll go to
Performance and buy the Performance house brand. At least with Velcro I
can repair it myself when the Velcro wears out.