Old February 22nd 05, 01:58 AM
TimC

Default Harry Potter, the Psychic Boss and the Laneways of Doom

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 at 23:50 GMT, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
ProfTournesol wrote:
Kim Hawtin Wrote:

and it'll also make prados and pajeros easier to outlaw as pointless
poluting status symbols. or show ponys as my wife calls them =)

they're Urban Assault Vehicles in our house:-)

I don't quite get the 'pointless poluting status symbols' bit. Could
some-one please explain to me why my wife's 2.0 litre RAV4 consuming 10
litres /100 km is antisocial, yet my daughter in law's 5.7 litre Commodore

500km costs 50 litres? Damn, my little colt would get up to Mildura on
less far than a tank of petrol. A tank being $25 or so, and hence
maybe 35L or so. And it was 20 years old, so not all that fuel efficient.

Wagon consuming who knows what is socially acceptable. There are many all

Who said Commodores are socially acceptable? They are the cars I
usually stay clear of because of the morons typically inside
them. Just like my next door neighbour.

MacOSX: Sort of like a pedigree persian cat. Very sleek, very
sexy, but a little too prone to going cross-eyed, biting you on
your thumb and then throwing up on your trousers. -- Jim @ ASR