Old April 16th 14, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Result of today's race

On 16/04/2014 09:35, TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote
On 15/04/2014 20:21, TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

There are moves afoot in London to ban cycling with headphones,

Looks more like a knee jerk proposal to appease the ignorant masses...

I am sure there must be a good reason for that, it seems unlikley that
it
would be randomly chosen for enforcement without reason or cause.

...and having jerked their knees it seems they're now running
around looking for some evidence to suggest a link.

a cyclist went under a train just a couple of months ago, he was wearing
headphones, two other people shouted at him to stop, but he could not hear
them. One incident like that is too many, but there are others.

What has being on a bike got to do with it? It was obviously the same eye
problem that a lot of people have.

However, I am certain that you know best,

Thank you.

cyclists always do

There is something even more certain than that; nobody ever takes advice
from a busybody.

the cyclist did not hear the train horn, nor the shouts, do you think he
might have heard without headphones? I do. The coroner did.

Your last sentence proves the need for legislation, you evidently do not
know best. Behaving like a spoilt brat with a God complex seems to be
cyclist modus operandi.