Old February 10th 05, 02:10 PM
Paul Kopit

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:37:07 -0800, wrote:

Will a Campy front derailleur work with a Shimano STI Shifter? The reason
that I am asking is, that I want to use 10 speed Shimano STI drivetrain with
a compact road crankset (110 bolt circle with 50/34 chainrings). Campy seems
to be the only one making a compact specific front derailleur. I main
concern is will the trim function of Shimano shifter work well with a Campy
front?

Thanks in advance.

You don't need the compact specific front derailleur. Any Campy front
derailleur shifts a 50/34 fine. Shimano front derailleurs like 105 or
DA do fine as well. I'm not certain that the Campy front deralleur
will index properly with STI.