Old March 15th 17, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default More About Lights

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 9:45:34 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 7:53:52 AM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:

:I remember burning out bulbs with my bottle dynamo if I rode really
:fast. I also remember the slipping problems when the wheels were wet even
:when I used the rubber boot sold to go on the bottle dynamo roller. Hub
:dynamos today really seem to fall down at slow speeds.

Mine work fine from walking speeds. They produce more light at higher
speeds, but at slow speeds you don't need it, because you're not
moving fast.

I sometimes need light most at slow speeds, when I'm creeping up hills and trying not to fall into giant pot holes.

-- Jay Beattie.

Where are you on Strava