Old March 28th 19, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Only cyclists break the law.

On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 12:04:19 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 27/03/2019 13:44, GB wrote:

I've got an Android 7 phone that does include GPS. Unfortunately, I'm
far, far too mean to pay for mobile data, and I haven't found a decent
sat nav programme that allows downloading maps in advance.

Can I ask what people here use, and what they think of it, please?
Obviously, it's off topic to ask this on a cycling NG, but it makes a
change from bickering about whether cycling is a good thing or not.

Sat navs often seem to find stupid routes, leaving sign posted main
roads to go down narrow country lanes just because it has determined it
to be 3 inches shorter.

Just change it to calculate the *fastest* route instead of the *shortest* route instead.