Old June 2nd 19, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default More from the UK: "Bike lanes save lives of drivers aswell as cyclists, study finds"

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 10:06:10 AM UTC-4, sms wrote:
On 6/1/2019 10:54 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:

snip

Not to disparage the Netherlands but you have been building bike lanes
since the late 1890's and the use of bicycles is much, much higher
than in the U.S.

If only we could figure out if there were a relationship with building
more bike lanes and much higher use of bicycles.

In some locales there might be a bit of an increase in bicycle use but
the predominate trend seems to be no, building more bike lanes does NOT
normally mean a MUCH HIGHER use of bicycles.

Cheers

It’s hard to tell sometime. You’ve been to Montreal I think. We have a
lot of bicycles and a lot of bike lanes. Chicken and egg? I know there
isn’t much infrastructure here that goes unused. At least once the snow
melts. 6 month winters is the problem here.

--
duane