Old July 17th 04, 04:30 AM
Dave DesRoches

Default Advice on "Comfort Bikes" (Gary Fisher Capitola vs. Giant Sedona)

Looking at comfort bikes and my local bike shops carry these models in the
$300 range. Any opinions? I checked Consumer Reports, though I'm not sure
I should regard them as an authority on this subject. Interestingly, the
shop that carried Giant spoke about them as the premier maker of Comfort
Bikes, yet they didn't even make the Consumer reports ratings list, nor did
Gary Fisher (!) Consumer Reports order was:

Jamis Explorer 2.0
GT Timberline
Trek Navigator 100
Schwinn Sierra GS
Specialized Expedition
Raleigh SC30
Diamondback Wildwood

In other categories, both Fisher and Giant did do well: (Fisher #1 in
front-suspension mountain bikes - Marlin; Giant #1 in hybrid bikes - Cypress
LX).

Thoughts/comments appreciated...

Thx in advance,
-Dave