Old January 31st 06, 12:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark

In message . com, peter
wrote:

But it's the advocates of MHLs that are citing all the truly junk
science case control studies like the ones by Thompson/Rivara. These
use self-selected population samples and erroniously base their
conclusions on the *assumption* that the only explanation for different
injuries between the groups is their choice of head covering.

From my observations helmet wearers are also more likely to:
Wear hi-visibility clothing.
Have 2 independent brakes.
Use lights.
Not ride on the pavement.
Cycle in a safe manner.

I meet a boy once at night who admitted to removing the lights, and since
his rear wheel was bent, the rear brakes as well. He wasn't wearing a
helmet. Other examples are using dim LED lights or a handheld torch on a
unlit road.

I've never seen such reckless cyclists wearing helmets.

--
Member AFFS, WYLUG, SWP (UK), UAF, RESPECT, StWC
OpenPGP key fingerprint: D0A6 F403 9745 CED4 6B3B 94CC 8D74 8FC9 9F7F CFE4