Old June 1st 09, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default André Jute, extreme, unsuitable for purpose, dangerous, dull, overpriced

"Hank Wirtz" wrote in message
On May 31, 7:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Recumbents are outrageously overpriced. The very small market for them has
lot to do with it, but still it would be nice if someone would come out
with
a recumbent for a few hundred dollars instead of the usual thousand
dollars
or so.
[...]

http://www.actionbent.com/ - starting around $750.

$750 is still way too much for a cheap recumbent. Alas, no one knows any
more the meaning of cheap. I am talking about a recumbent for less than
$200. Even $100 is enough for a cheap recumbent that the entire world could
afford.

By the way, when it comes to recumbent design, a good design costs no more
than a bad design.

When I was kid you could get a very nice bicycle for $40 to $60. Those truly
were the good old days!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka