Old July 2nd 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
rruff

Default OT but great

On Jul 1, 5:36*pm, --D-y wrote:
Or we could say that instead of hush-hushing the reality of life ("the
monsters among us"), that contemporary parents are more aware than
those in earlier years, and are protecting their children. Count me in
that number. "Paranoid" is an insult and in retort, you can do as you
want with yours (if you have any of course).

Of course all the paranoid consider themselves merely "aware". How
safe would you like them to be, and how much of your children's living
are you willing to sacrifice to obtain this safety? Life is
dangerous... in fact, everyone dies from it.

It's safer in traffic than a ****box econocar (aside from the 5-Star
crash rating) *because it is large and accelerates reasonably quickly.

It is safer only when slamming into the "****box econocar"... not when
hitting a vehicle of similar size. We could all be driving Abrams and
getting 3 gal/mi and we still wouldn't be safe.