Old July 19th 19, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Cleaning of chain and all components

On 19/7/19 9:02 am, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 3:32:37 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

The other advantage of a wax based lube, or at least my
experience, has been, that it doesn't seem to wash off in the
rain.

Meh. Everything washes off in the rain. It's just a matter of time.
Parffin flakes off and doesn't give you an corrosion protection. I
just use the Lou method -- rise, lather repeat. I'm not going to be
hanging out in the garage melting wax, particularly since most of my
chains have single-use quick-links.

For neat paraffin wax, I agree and it was my experience that the chain
would rust after a wet ride. So I added oil to the wax. The result is
good corrosion resistance and a relatively clean and smooth running chain.

--
JS