Old June 7th 21, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Tom Kunich was right about that careerist fraud Fauci

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 10:15:51 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:22:48 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 6/6/2021 9:35 PM, sms wrote:

It's not illegal to be stupid, but sometimes it's not clear if people
like Tom lie in order to get attention or if they are really as clueless
as their posts make them appear.

The attention Tom gets is almost uniformly negative feedback. I can't
imagine he enjoys getting it, so that argues for your alternative
explanation.

Oh, but I think Tom does enjoy the attention. Why else would he
continue posting fabrications and erroneous information? Why else
would he daily start new threads with details of his attempts at
bicycle refurbishment? If I wanted to attract attention to myself, I
would do much the same thing. I would post outrageous statements,
make unfounded claims, and provide lists of potential topics of
interest. Yet, with a batting average approaching zero, Tom continues
to use the same cookie cutter formula for attracting attention. The
problem is that it works. I haven't kept score, but my guess is about
87.4% of the postings in R.B.T. involve Tom, are initiated by Tom, or
at least mention Tom. As long as his cookie cutter formula for
attracting attention continues to successfully function at high
efficiency, we can expect to be reading fabrications and errors
forever.
OTOH, I've been told that masochism is a real thing. Could his posting
behavior be a weird form of masochism?

Not so weird, but rather popular. People even pay for the abuse:
"Argument Clinic - Monty Python"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkQhK8O9Jik

I should probably revise my biblical style commentary on Usenet
personalities:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/genesis.txt
to include various narcissistic personality disorders:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

--
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272