Old September 27th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default Does anyone care

About the actual racing anymore on the Pro Tour type level?
For me, personally, that was an awesome women's TT top 5 but I just
can't get excited about it this year. All the other BS is just killing
it. I'm totally BS fatigued.
Had a blast working a great local cross race last weekend, just two
of us, scoring by hand, old school. It was a blast to do that again.
The youngest of the kids is starting to want to play at cross,
especially, and did his first real practice tonight. Just blasting
laps on a nice old Canondale single ring setup that Adam Myerson
loaned to our kids years ago. Passed down skinsuit from JD Bilodeau.
Lots of good people, some pros, just having fun out there until it was
too dark for more. That was a blast, both for the memories of the
other kids on the bike, and the great people who continue to help out
racing and might even still post here once in a while.
Seems to me that all the crap is a great reminder how much fun riding
and racing is at the local level, especially cross where everyone's
usually at lot more laid back.
Bill C