Old October 25th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Smokey

Default Help! Newcomer needs bike...

DougC wrote:
wrote:
Hi all. I have limited experience with bikes and I'm a relatively slim
36 year old male.. from what I've read online I want/need a hybrid...

I just want a decent, comfortable, bike that's "fun", good for fitness,
easy to handle on roads for a beginner and looks good. .....

Thoughts?

Cliff.

I have a Rans Fusion, extremely comfortable and easy to ride. Feels like
a lowrider, except that it has /decent components/.
See the "Sport Series" at
http://www.ransbikes.com/

Costs roughly $900 however.... That bikeamerica shop has "Sirrus" bikes
ranging from $500 to $2400, so I dunno how much you expected to spend.

There are other cheaper "relaxed frame geometry" bikes, but most of them
don't work nearly as well as what RANS is selling.... -And most of them
still use a regular "upright bicycle saddle", which is half the reason
that upright bikes hurt to ride.
[end]

I've got an upright bike that doesn't "hurt to ride". It was
professionally fitted and has a Brooks B-17 saddle. There are lots of
other riders that seem to do just fine on their diamond frame bikes.

Smokey