Old April 17th 18, 11:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default today's ride

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 6:02:21 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
My commuter jacket is an old Gore Alp-X I got off a sale table. It's a fine jacket but it's not packable, it is now leaking (it's old)

Put it in the washing machine at whatever cycle is recommended, then in the dryer at the maximum recommended temperature. The dryer brings up the nap on the nylon, which is the actual waterproofing. If the nap is worn off, you can get aerosol wax sprays and also wax wipe-on; mine are both made by Nikwax. Limit the waxing to the areas that leak, otherwise the jacket might stop breathing at all and become hot.

AJ
At those prices, a Goretex jacket had better last 30 years