Old June 7th 06, 10:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default A good time for 10km TT?

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
schreef:
I actually prefer the roughness of this group to the false veneer of
civility often found on other groups.

Satan Yellow,

Good post for 6/6/6. For improving your 10km TT time, try doing some
local training races (aka group rides). Don't escape but keep riding in
the front 5, 6, 7. React on every big move. Then if you're still there
in the end, try escaping first with 2km to go, later rides 3 or 4. Don't
do this more than 3x/week.

Despite living near Europe, I prefer the American date notation: 6/6/6.

You describe my Tuesday club races, and Thursday "fast" training rides.
Thursdays sometimes end with a slight downhill where I try to shake
people off my wheel, and give it all I've got for the last 2km. If I
get loose, I can usually stay away. 115kg of guy and bike on a slight
downhill spinning 53x12 is hard to catch. I'm going to try making my
move sooner.

Joseph