Old February 14th 12, 07:13 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist assaults and kills dooring motorist

On 14/02/2012 15:51, d wrote:

wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-13647541

"During mitigation, Lewis Power QC said Lambeth had suffered psychotic
symptoms, including hearing voices in his head since 2001 and had not been
taking his medication."

Since when has being a psychotic nutter who can't be bothered to take his
medication been mitigation?

Equally, did his self-proclaimed lack of rationality influence his transport
choice?

If the victim had been one of my relatives I'd be very tempted to get some
of my family and "greet" the cyclist when he came out of prison.

There is special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, 'tis not
to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will
come — the readiness is all.

Let's all be honest.

However civilised and non-violent we like to think ourselves, if we heard
that the thug had had a good spanking (in or out of prison), would we be
dismayed?