Old October 5th 03, 09:44 PM
unarueda

Default New Torker: My first attempts trying to ride...

Carl Barrentine wrote:
*As a cyclist, I 'clip-in' to my heel-less shoes near the 'ball' of
the
foot. But fiddlin' with this uni, I feel that I have more control
on
the unicycle when I wear a heeled shoe and make contact with the
pedal
in the arch portion of my foot.

Here's the question: Is there a preferred or recommended way that I
should place my feet on the pedals to maximize balance, control, and
smooth cadence?
*

I must agree with you, in my experience i have noticed that when the
contact is in the arch of the foot you become more in control, i know
have pinned pedals, and those don`t allow foot movement once placed, so
unless the arch of my foot lands on the pedal, i dismount or try to
correct this, i have also noticed it when teaching how to ride to others
that the rides become somewhat smother.

if you check some of the threads about shoes you may also notice that
most of us prefer the ones with flat soles, i belive this is directly
related to the topic.

--
unarueda - teaching the dark art of unicycling
unarueda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4324