Old May 5th 05, 01:41 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Ken wrote:
Okay to get right to the point. I have this old mtb that I just got

and the
back wheel had some major wobbles to it when I got it. I used the

tire and
frame as a guide and got the *big* wobbles out. Then last night I was

going
to ride it for my after dinner short ride and I had a flat tire, I

took the
wheel off the bike, took the tire and tube off the rim and patched

and
re-assembled. Now when I spin the wheel my tire rubs on my

chainstays. I
have tried changing the angle of the wheel slightly and it seems that

if I
do the tire rubs on the other side. Now I know this is probably

caused by
the tire not being mounted back on the rim in exactly the same place.

My
question should I try to *re-true* the back wheel using my tire /

frame
method. Or is there some other simpler solution to my problem?

Ken

--
Remove "-dispose-trash" for email address
My personal webstie: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Not necessarily 'simplier' but take the wheel to a decent bike shop.
have them true and dish the wheel and put the tire back on.