Old October 15th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman

Default "mountain" and "road" pedals

Ralph Hansell wrote:
I used to use MTB(SPD) pedals on all my bikes (Road, MTB, Touring)
until I started riding with a road group ride. We tend to get a little
competative on these rides sprinting town lines and racing to the top
of climbs. I had a few scary experiences with blowing out of my pedals
with my SPD pedals during town line sprints. SPD and MTP type pedals
tend to have less float and can release easier on the up-stroke than
road pedals. After nearly going down at 25mph+ on a sprint I decided to
get some road shoes and LOOK pedals. Since then I have never had an
issue with blowing out.

I don't agree.

Lou
--