Old October 20th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Carrying tools

On 10/19/2017 7:21 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
I was on tour
I was 1K miles from home
I passed a ball-pein hammer in the gutter
What would you do?

Mail it home, of course! ;-)

More honestly, I don't think I've ever picked up a roadside tool on a
tour. There was one I missed, though.

I did an overnight with a good cycling friend, about 75 miles out,
camped overnight, then woke to rain and a 75 mile ride back.

He's as much a tool nut as I am, and we both have significant
collections of "found" tools. As we rode along in the rain, I noticed
what looked like a Leatherman carrying case in the road. I quickly
decided it wasn't worth stopping for, but I yelled back to tell him
about it in case he wanted it.

He stopped to pick it up, then saw what I'd missed: The Leatherman tool
was lying in the grass nearby. It turned out to be a $75 model. He
still has it. I still regret not stopping.

--
- Frank Krygowski