Old October 4th 04, 10:36 PM
Ben Pfaff

skuke writes:

In Daly City, CA over the weekend. A city street was marked with many No
Parking signs for construction about to begin on the said street. Cars etc.
where to be towed away if parked during construction period. A bike was
"Krytonite-d" to a street sign. The city workers needed to remove the bike
as it was illegally "parked" and in the way. My friend witnessed them
removing the bike from the street sign. How did they do it you asked? They
cut the FRAME, removed the offending bike, and left the Krytonite secured to
the pole!! ...one way to defeat a lock.

Boy, I'd be ****ed if someone destroyed my bike because it was
illegally parked. I don't think city workers would casually
destroy an illegally parked car, and I don't think they should do
the same to a bike either.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: