Old March 28th 05, 10:24 AM
Roger

"spencer bullen" wrote in message
k...

"Roger" wrote in message

"I don't think Alu is effected by water anyway so I don't need to worry
if
it rains."

Aluminium is affected by water, and will oxidise. The reason people think
it isn't is that aluminium oxide is not very water soluable, unlike rust.
However, it is softer, will flake off, expose un-oxidised aluminium, etc.
If you have had the paint/lacquer scraped, please don't ignore it, and try
bit of touch up paint. For small scratches a good nail varnish isn't too
bad.

Well I've stuck a metallic sticker over the spot the paint has come off, I
could always try and find some white or clear nail varnish if the sticker
comes lose. It would have been better if the stencil was made of cardboard
or plastic rather than toilet tissue then at least I'd still have a readable
identity sign even though it would be bare Alu rather than the useless
smudged mess I'm covering now.