Old August 4th 05, 04:41 AM
Stuart Lamble

Default Chain / Sprocket Cleaning

On 2005-08-04, GPLama wrote:
"1013" wrote in message ...
I would like to remove my chain to clean it properly since there is a lot
of
build up of dirt and grime. I am pretty sure the chain is a Shimano chain
and I have read that you need special tools to remove it.

Nice ride, but damn that running gear is a mess... get a chain breaker and
get to work cleaning that monster... to rejoin a chain, I would recommend
using these: http://tinyurl.com/exf4y they come in all sizes etc, and work
an absolute treat for chain removal...

Seconded. I have a chain breaker floating around in my unit somewhere;
if you want to borrow it, drop me an email. (The From: address on this
message will work until the 18th or so of August.) I live in Mitcham, by
the way.

I'd suggest NEVER treating your chain/running gear like that again, that
thing has to be dropping balls of cakey black ****e everywhere!.. I'd be
cleaning it up before adding more lube each time...

It reminds me of my chain before I pulled out the chain breaker and
cleaned it up in kero (speaking of which, I also have an ultrasonic
cleaner. BYO kero, though.) Unfortunately, I didn't have the lube to
finish the job. Whoops.