Old January 20th 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default not enough standards

On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 11:39:36 AM UTC, lou.h...@xxxxxx wrote:
On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 11:27:09 AM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 1/20/2018 12:31 AM, xxxxxx wrote:
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 5:24:15 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
https://cyclingindustry.news/knolly-...axle-standard/

Hell, I can remember way back when a guy could swap wheels
between two different bicycles.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

The last 5-10 years they lost me with their ATB's. Can't think ever buying a new ATB. I'll stick to my 26 inch wheeled Rohloff equipped ATB and ride my Cross bike more and more for off road riding.

Bolshevik.

You should have bought a 29er, then when you realized that 29 was too
big bought a 27.5er. How will our capitalist economy function if yu
don't think of buying more stuff?

Imagine that I have unlimited funds for
bike(stuff). The only requirement for me is that it has to make some kind of sense to me. Is that the case the price is irrelavant. Still ATB bike business managed in losing my interest....

Lou

Not the money but the bloody time and effort to keep all the bits fitting together. I now ride one bike at a time, and the same one for the last ten years. Before I always had a list every December of bikes that I might like, and sometimes did order, including the one I still ride from a December ten years ago, but eventually it dawned on me that there were only two bikes left in the world that I would actually want -- note that I don't even pretend I would ride them often; I just wanted them for technical interest. Those two bikes were a Pedersen and a Scooterbike (though of course not in Scooterbike's slaphappy assembly -- I wanted one when Utopia still made a sorted version). For those of you who don't know, the Kranich version of the Scooterbike was a three-quarter recliner on fat tackies with a Rohloff gearbox; it really looked the business and someone who recently rode one said that was for sale second-hand said it was comfortable too. If anyone here doesn't know what the Pedersen was, he should be ashamed of himself.

Andre Jute
Maybe I'll find someone with a NOS Laverda for sale...