Old September 15th 17, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Is there an updated Dynotest somewhere?

On 2017-09-14 13:02, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 12:26:34 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski
wrote: snip

Finally, there are devices which will power a phone or a GPS unit
from a hub dyno. Personally, I'd prefer to limit people from (say)
playing their stereo speakers while they ride!
At this rate I won't "get sick" of the Soubitez, I'll wear it
out.

Careful, there . . . Joerg runs speakers. The noise keeps the
mountain lions away.

I wan't to slap the dopes with speakers on their bikes -- make them
crash into the guys with earbuds who then domino into the guys
talking or texting on their iPhones. I wish the great heel of Yahweh
would come down and crush all those devices -- at least while in use
on bikes.

One has to use them judiciously and not too loudly. As for animals: Once
I was gently herding a cow back to her pasture, playing cowboy with my
MTB. At the end she shoved herself through the fence she probably busted
out from, so fast that it seemed like it wasn't her first "excursion".
This caused the fence to make loud twanging noises and that made the
herd nervous. Singing calms herds but I can't sing at all. So I turned
on the MP3 player and set it to a smooth African tune. That did it.

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/