Old November 20th 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

What does the word "banana" tell you?

"BANANA? Yes, it appeals to the monkey within us, yearning for the
simple life in the jungle. Well, perhaps it's a symbol of a better
world to come in frugality and peace."

As I was watching '2001: A Space Odyssey,' it perfectly made sense
that the monkeys were first vegetarian (banana eaters) before
acquiring the "knowledge" of killing and eating meat. So a Banana
Revolution would appeal to that world in the treetops, rather than the
technological advanced world depicted later in the movie.

Then I sat down and wrote the deep thought above. What's our future,
KILLING MONKEYS OR BANANA-PEACE-LOVING MONKEYS?

'Over images of an African desert, a caption reads "The Dawn of Man".
A tribe of herbivore apes is foraging for food. One of them is
attacked and killed by a leopard. They are driven from their water
hole by another tribe. Defeated, they sleep overnight in a small
exposed rock crater. Waking at sunrise, they find that a mysterious
black, rectangular monolith has appeared in front of their shelter.
They approach the monolith shrieking and jumping. Subsequently, one of
the apes (Daniel Richter) realizes how to use a bone as both tool and
a weapon while having mental flashbacks to the monolith, indicating
that the monolith has 'taught' him this knowledge. The apes are now
able to kill animals and eat meat. Next morning they wrest control of
the water hole away from the other tribe, killing their leader in the
process. Exultant in victory, the ape leader throws his bone into the
air which switches via match cut to a shot of an orbital satellite
millions of years in the future, circa 2000. This satellite and three
more immediately following it are generally identified as orbiting
nuclear weapons.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A...sey_%28film%29

The Banana Revolution
(for vegetarian monkeys)