Old November 20th 08, 04:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

KingOfTheApes wrote:

One question, one characteristic that hints at a jungle is GATED
COMMUNITIES, where the Rich and Powerful isolate themselves in
relative safety, and then let the world fall prey to the Law of the
Jungle.

Is the UK like that? How often you find them in Europe for that
matter?

There's one just around the corner from me. Since we're in a very
un-troubled neighbourhood the consensus around where I live is it's a
complete waste of time for those who've bought houses in there.

So they're not isolating themselves in relative safety, they're just
isolating themselves. Their problem, not mine, rather than the other
way about.

You seem obsessed that you're living in a jungle. While I'm sure there
are parts of our respective nations that conform to the description I've
not seen much that suggests it's the rule rather than the exception.
Certainly not the case that it's a fair generalisation, yet that's what
you will persist in doing.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK