Old November 25th 08, 04:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

(I'm deleting one group because I can't do more than 5)

On Nov 24, 8:19*pm, "marika" wrote:
"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message

the price in some places is down to 1.70, though

It's funny, gas prices are down, and so are SUV sales. So I guess
people will have to ride bikes because they can't afford cars.

Whatever the reason, the result is good, and I feel good...

Yeah, that's why I get so depressed... the price of oil is going
down.

But then I remember that we are in the middle of a huge economic
crisis and that the Big Three are trying to survive after producing
so
many fat SUVs, and finally I get happy.

Did you see SNL this weekend. *They're the only real winners in this
economic downturn because there's so much to spoof.
In the Big 3 sketch, the CEOs tell Congress that they drove down in a car
(gasp) and were SHOCKED to find that gas was 2 dollars, "we kid you not"
they added, surprised at the unbelievably high price.
Perfect, summarizes how out of touch they are. *In one blow.

(I can't find the youtube of it)

mk5000

" Everything's a dream when you're alone"--Swamp Thing:- Hide quoted text -

Perhaps they are so out of touch as those who live in gated
communities. They have helicopters and jets to go around, so who cares
about the danger SUVs pose to others or bike facilites. And then
Obama, who's supposed to fix things, is only thinking about how to
save the dinosaur. He can't do anything radical, right?

Let me tell you one neat solution, BRING EVERY MODEL AMERICAN
COMPANIES DESIGN FOR EUROPE (or where they have stocks like Opel and
Ford) and produce them here, stick shift and all. Those who can't
drive, let them RIDE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION or RIDE A BIKE.

But that would be too much of a revolution...

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/vehic...brandCode=9 H

Neat, huh?